At the Worcester Model Aero Club, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who register on our website and/or join the Worcester Model Aero Club by whatever means, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to your personal data.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check back here occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By registering on our website or by becoming a CLUB NAME member, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to the address above. Alternatively, you can telephone the number above.
Who Are we?
The Worcester Model Aero Club is an affiliated Club of the British Model Flying Association.
How do we collect information about you?
We obtain information about you when you register on our website or become a member of the Worcester Model Aero Club.
What type of information is collected about you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, telephone number, gender and IP address.
The legal bases for the processing of your personal data are as follows
You have given consent by providing the information on our membership application form.
To enable the Worcester Model Aero Club to fulfil our contractual obligations to provide membership services and insurances including the Worcester Model Aero Club newsletter and mailshots.
How is your information used?
- process your membership
- process orders that you have submitted
- to carry out our obligations arising from your membership
- dealing with entries to courses, workshops, contests and events
- seek your views or comments on the Club
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about Worcester Model Aero Club events and contests, government regulation changes that affect model aircraft flying and other Worcester Model Aero Club related news
How long do we retain your information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to carry out our obligations in relation to your membership, or as long as is set out in any relevant agreement between us. Where an individuals Worcester Model Aero Club membership lapses your information will be securely kept for a period of 7 years for the purposes of maintaining membership records and achievements, after which your information will be deleted.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
If you have selected to join the Worcester Model Aero Club then the BMFA will have access to your personal data.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the BMFA unless we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
How you can access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You can check the information we hold is correct by logging into the club website or write to us at the address above. Alternatively, you can telephone the number above. From within the websiote you can decide what information you wish to share with other club members or opt out completely of receiving club emails. It must be noted that you will miss valuable notices as and when they are sent out.
Links to non Worcester Model Aero Club websites?
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, You can see the information we hold on you by logging into the members area of the website or writing to the email address above.
- the right to rectification;
- You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed. This can be done by yourselves or by writing to the email address above
- the right to erasure;
- In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data being no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which the data was collected or otherwise processed, you are no longer a Worcester Model Aero Club member and wish the data not to be held for our standard period.
Please note a request for data erasure for a current member would require that member to forfeit membership of the Worcester Model Aero Club. The data is required for the Worcester Model Aero Club to fulfil its obligations.
- the right to restrict processing;
- In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
- the right to object to processing;
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct electronic communications purposes. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
- the right to data portability;
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
(1) consent; or
(2) that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. https://ico.org.uk
- the right to withdraw consent.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us OR by email.
Worcester Model Aero Club