Following an email to the club membership from the Chairman, the new policy is as follows:
Updated: 7th September 2020
The model aircraft club take your safety very seriously during this pandemic
At the moment, we are following regulations from both HM Government and the BMFA, as well as our own common sense and our landlord’s guidance
Currently, the temporary rules are as follows:
- You must respect the social distancing rules set out by the Government
- You must book your flying session in by logging into the club website and booking yourself in
- Flying sessions are now AM (10:00-13:45) and PM (14:15-18:00). There is no longer an evening slot
- You must not have more than 6 people per session
- You must leave promptly by 13:45, and PM slots to not arrive prior to 14:15 to ensure we are keeping the two slots separate
- You may book two slots to cover the whole day
- Guests are not permitted without prior permission from a Committee Member (see contact details page for more info on who to contact)
- Face masks are not required due to flying being outdoors
- Anyone training must ensure equipment and models are sanitised before your instructor touches them
We will be reviewing the situation continuously and will keep in touch about any further changes to these rules. Updates will be posted here, on our Facebook page, on our Instagram page and via email. Please constantly check for updates.
Please ensure you abide by all of these restrictions held within this policy in order to comply with the advice given to keep you safe, and to comply with the club rules. It is in Emergency Temporary Rule 25 of the Club Rules that these regulations are to be followed.
Any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact a committee member.
Thank you for bearing with us and for your understanding during this time.
If you did not get the email, and you’re a member, please check your junk mail box.
Member since: 1996